Informa Markets in India, host of the renowned annual Renewable Energy India exposition (REI) announced its 5th edition of Renewable Energy Growth Forum which is being held in Hubli, Karnataka to showcase the potential and provide opportunities of engagement with Government utilities and private sector in the Solar arena. The one-day knowledge forum will take place on 8th November at Hotel Naveen Lakeside, Hubli (Dharwad).
The Renewable Energy Growth Forum aims to provide an industry platform for Associations and Industry leaders, Building Owners, Consultants, Manufacturers, Contractors, Governments and High level decision-makers, Green Power Providers, Project and Technology Developers, Large Corporate SME’s and Banks, System Integrators and Investors to debate and discuss business opportunities in the solar sector. The convention will bring together decision-makers in the industry from India to meet, deliberate and network.
Speaking on the sidelines of the announcement, Mr. Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director for Informa Markets in India said, “Over the last one year, Karnataka has outshined states like Tamil Nadu to become country’s biggest renewable energy producer with an installation capacity of 12.3 GW. This was owing to the mounting coal prices coupled with some innovative policies from the Government. With the legacy of our flagship Renewable Energy India expo, Informa Markets in India with this Growth Forum debuting in Karnataka, will create opportunities for the State to meet its demand to build a green ecosystem in factories and aid enterprises effectively manage their power requirement with the support the governments’ mission of sustaining round-the-clock power supply.”
The forum will include a series of five sessions that will discuss topics such as:
- ‘Shaping the Future of Cities, Infrastructure and Urban Services’ that will see key industry leaders from Karnataka discuss advantages of creating a sustainable business environment, benefits and policies.
- ‘Solar Empowered Smart Cities: Economics & investment Landscape’. This session will be dedicated to Solar Power which is the perfect way of reducing operating costs in industrial businesses. The session will have India’s rooftop experts explain the benefits, options and technology advantages of adopting the same.
- ‘Commercial and Industrial Solar: Forecasting the business opportunity with the market creators’, wherein the key area of discussion will be to help Government, Private and non-profit entities and infrastructure decision-makers understand and cope with the requirement of reducing operational costs by adopting solar as a solution. It will talk about initiatives taken by the industry bodies to support smart city missions.
- Buyers Perception and Solutions for Business’ which will be a case study on the successful implementation of Solar rooftop in factories. There will be sessions to discuss various business models available for industries like 3rd Party Sale using open access, Group Captive and BOO(T). It will also see experts from the industry deliberating the technical knowhow and upkeep of the installations along with managing Rooftop Solar plants and evaluation of taxation and Tariff Structures.
- ‘All About Finance: A template to decode!’ a session by financial experts that will talk on various financial models to build Green Sustainability in one’s business.
The speakers for the discussions include eminent Industry leaders such as, Sri Sundaresh Babu, IAS, Managing Director, Hubli – Dharwad Smart City Limited (HDSCL), Sri Mahendra H. Ladhad, President, Karnataka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI), Hubli, Sri Ninganna S.Biradar, President, North Karnataka Small Scale Industries Association (NKSSIA), Hubli, Mr. M. A. Jayachandra Head – Rooftop & Distribution Solar Division, Sterling & Wilson, Mr. Vinay, CEO, Varp Power, Mr. Ravi Kumar, CEO, Dexler Energy Pvt. Ltd. and Mr. Santosh Khatelsal, MD, Enerparc Energy Pvt. Ltd.